Wednesday 25 November 2009

More Wide Angle



I should really take notice of what I write! I got involved in a web forum a couple of days ago and almost let my emotions get the better of me.
The thread was attempting to criticise the Panasonic lenses as being "soft & mediocre". Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but the astonishing thing about this was all of the criticism was coming from people who had never even used the lenses!
I managed to keep my contributions on this side of the libel laws however.
I do sometimes get a bit over enthusiastic about kit that I feel deserves to be praised, so I will keep this fairly restrained.
Since buying the Lumix 7-14 F/4 lens:-
1) Its hardly been off my camera(s)
2) I love the pictures I take with it.
3) I personally find it very sharp.
4) It is the best super-wide lens I have ever used. (And no I've never used the Nikon 14-24 which, by all accounts, is incredible.

panasonic lumix GH1 7-14

panasonic lumix GH1 7-14

panasonic lumix GH1 7-14

panasonic lumix GH1 7-14

panasonic lumix GH1 7-14

panasonic lumix GH1 7-14

GF1 + 7-14

GF1 + 7-14