Wednesday 20 January 2010

Olympus E-P2

Olympus E-P2 Voigtlander 50mm f1.1

Got an E-P2 today. I'll post more when I've used it more. However first impressions of the viewfinder are very positive.
I've only used it for a while, but I thinks its sharper and brighter than the viewfinders on the G1/GH1.
I've been trying it with MF lenses and its really easy to focus with. I don't even need to go to the second level of magnification.
Its very clear to see when the point of focus is achieved. I also like the position of it as its raised higher. I will have to try it outdoors before saying whether I think its better overall. But initially it seems its the best m4/3 viewfinder for me in terms of MF and legacy lenses.

The pictures posted here are taken with the Voigtlander 50mm f1.1 Nokton. Clicking on them will get you to full-size samples on flickr.

Olympus E-P2 Voigtlander 50mm f1.1

Olympus E-P2 Voigtlander 50mm f1.1

Overall it the camera suits me very well. I like the "feel" of the whole thing much better than the G1/GH1. I've always found them difficult to use. I've never liked the shrunken SLR shape, though it works very nicely for video.

The E-P2 feels much more like a "camera" and looks like its really well put together.
I've always liked the GF1 better than the G1 and this is similar but with a much better viewfinder.
I don't miss the flip out screen, as I'm not planning to shoot video on the E-P2 (its really not very good!!)
Must admit I didn't think I'd like it as much as I do. Its also very sleek!!

P1010256