
I've always had a fascination for the Panasonic 4/3 range. This consisted of two cameras, the L1 and L10 and four lenses made and designed in conjunction with Leica. The 14-150mm Zoom, 25mm f1.4 prime and two 14-50mm zooms, one f2.8-3.5 and the other f3.8-5.6. I've used an L1 and its Leica version the Digilux 3.

These are "bricks" of cameras. Only 7.5MP but capable of excellent results.
However I've always been more interested in the lenses.


In a recent post talking about the 14-150mm zoom- http://soundimageplus.blogspot.com/2010/10/zoom-that-breaks-rules.html I mentioned the 14-50mm f3.8-5.6 lens and that I knew virtually nothing about it. I've since tracked down a review of the lens and the L10 camera it was bundled with at:-
http://www.photozone.de/dslr_reviews/401_panasonic_lumix_dmc_l10
where it got a good review. Then yesterday while having a look at the website of a second hand dealer I use I saw they had an L10 and this lens at a very good price, and realising the karma of the coincidence I am seriously considering trying it out. Assuming it hasn't been bought already expect to see some samples soon.
D