Thursday, 11 November 2010

Voigtlander 25mm Nokton f/0.95 Micro Four Thirds lens review - Part 3 (of 3)






VIDEO


A video mostly shot at f/0.95 showing both the close focusing abilities of the lens plus the bokeh.


I would also recommend again Mike Kobals videos, which if you haven't seen them are well worth a watch.



Central Park, daylight test footage with Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 on Panasonic GH1 from Mike Kobal on Vimeo.



3.45am blues:Voigtlander Nokton 25mm F0.95 wide open at night on Panasonic GH1 from Mike Kobal on Vimeo.





OTHER REVIEWS AND SAMPLES


http://www.mu-43.com/reviews/showproduct.php?product=48

http://www.mikekobal.com/blog/?p=869

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1533591@N20/

http://www.flickr.com/groups/1505867@N20/pool/with/5165073086/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55481309@N07/sets/72157625182205103/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/55481309@N07/sets/72157625306978442/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23034038@N05/sets/72157625171495361/with/5149492716/

http://asia.cnet.com/crave/2010/11/04/hands-on-with-the-cosina-voigtlander-nokton-25mm-f0-95/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/suddenlyhere/sets/72157625303565904/with/5142299365/

FINAL WORDS AND ASSESSMENT


This is a unique lens. Personally I love it and will use it a lot. As well as its main selling point, the fast 0.95 aperture it is an excellent sharp lens in its own right. If you are happy to work with manual focus I have no hesitation in recommending it. However, if you are considering buying it I would advise you to be sure that you can work with it. I don't have a problem with the cons below, apart from the price!, but others may feel differently.


PROS


Fast aperture
Close focus to .17 metre
Beautiful Bokeh
Sharp crisp results
Build Quality
No need for adapters


CONS


CA and fringing wide open
Manual Focus
No electronic connection with body - so incomplete exif data
Heavy
Price


D