Thursday 23 February 2012

Keep it simple

Nikon LS9000 film scanner
All images - film scans using Nikon LS9000 scanner

If anyone asks me for advice on how to take "better" photographs, I usually decline, but do share the doctine that I've used for years. Focus on what made you think about taking a picture, photograph that and only that, and do it instantly without thinking. After that you can umm and err and think about alternatives and different angles etc. For me photography is all about instinct, and the more I tend to think about a picture the worse they seem to be.

This "technique" if thats the word for it, seems to have helped with my work as a stock photographer, since the simple compositions that I produce seem to work very well as images are sold as thumbnails initially. Strongs shapes and contrast draw the eye, and I've never believed that a successful image needs a lot of (if any) exlanation.

Nikon LS9000 film scanner

Nikon LS9000 film scanner

Nikon LS9000 film scanner

Nikon LS9000 film scanner

Nikon LS9000 film scanner

Nikon LS9000 film scanner

Nikon LS9000 film scanner