Tuesday 5 January 2010

Winter


frozen glove
Originally uploaded by soundimageplus
As is usual in the UK, a substantial fall of snow brings the country to a halt! However it probably wouldn't be "British" to deal with it in any other way.

The scene outside my window as I write this is like a Christmas card & I may feel compelled to move from my comfortable warm position to take some photographs.

According to the long-range forecast there's another 2 weeks of this at least.

frozen river

Many of you in more extreme climates probably wonder what all the fuss is about, but extended winter over here is a novelty, certainly in recent years.

frozen bench

These images are from before the snowfall, when it was just cold. Taken with the Leica M9. I've discovered that I can take pictures with it wearing my ski gloves which is much appreciated by my fingers!
Simplicity does have its advantages.

A

frozen grass

bridge