Tuesday 6 April 2010

Leica and Voigtlander lenses

A sunny bank holiday afternoon gave me the opportunity to try out my Leica Summarit 90mm f2.5 lens in a real world situation on the M9. These are from the in-camera jpgs. I used the standard jpg settings which meant everything was set as "flat" as possible. There is no in-camera or post-processing sharpening. Leica M9 jpgs are the closest I've ever got to a "neutral" jpg. When I bring the raw files into either Photoshop or Lightroom and set everything at zero I regard that as close as I can get to what the camera is recording without doing any processing. The in-camera jpgs are very close to that, so they are a good guide to what the camera/lens combination can produce.

The 90mm lens is 6-bit coded which means the camera spots what it is without having to be told.











































I'm always going on about my Voigtlander 35mm F1.7 Ultron.
So here's some from that lens on the same day.










































Images - D & A