Saturday 20 August 2011

Sony NEX-C3 "Mix and match" manual focus lenses - More "leaked NEX-7 images

Sony NEX-C3 Nikon 85mm f/1.8 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron
Sony NEX-C3 Nikon 85mm f/1.8 Voigtlander 28mm f/2

Probably the two best lenses I've used so far on the NEX-C3. Both give incredibly sharp results. 
Sony NEX-C3 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron
Sony NEX-C3 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron

Sony NEX-C3 Nikon 85mm f/1.8
Sony NEX-C3 Nikon 85mm f/1.8

Good as the images are, and much as I appreciate what the camera can do, using the live screen to compose with outdoors in sunlight is still very difficult, as is holding the camera out in front of me to take the image. Sony are apparently finally bringing out an optional bolt-on viewfinder, though I don't think it's going to be compatible with the existing NEX range. 

All this nonsense about viewfinders being for "old-fashioned" photographers, is just that, nonsense. Interesting that when Sony bring out a "serious" NEX camera, the NEX-7, they add one.

There are some more "leaked" images here.

I would love to use these two lenses on that camera, and be able to compose and shoot through a viewfinder. I don't know who actually thinks its a pleasure to go out taking pictures using just a screen, but its not me. 
There are many situations when working with a live view screen is a great advantage, but there are many times when its not, and I want any camera that I use to offer that choice. It seems the NEX-7 will offer that, and that makes it a much more attractive proposition as far as I'm concerned.

Sony NEX-C3 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron
Sony NEX-C3 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron

Sony NEX-C3 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron
Sony NEX-C3 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron

Sony NEX-C3 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron
Sony NEX-C3 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron

Sony NEX-C3 Nikon 85mm f/1.8
Sony NEX-C3 Nikon 85mm f/1.8

Sony NEX-C3 Nikon 85mm f/1.8 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron
Sony NEX-C3 Nikon 85mm f/1.8 Voigtlander 28mm f/2 Ultron