Wednesday 1 February 2012

Is this "pro" m4/3?


Are Olympus going for  a "pro" m4/3 system with their new camera, or is this the previously rumoured modular type system they were apparently working on? There are a few interesting items that I've highlighted (With of course the usual proviso that these are of course rumours, though Andrea has a pretty good track record on this)

Weather sealed
Kit with 12-50mm weather sealed lens
MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 or Jpeg motion recording
9fps without the super fast AF. 4.2 with super fast AF enabled. (Shouldn't this be the other way around?)
610 million dot 3 inch OLED screen tilted by max. 80° upwards or max. 50° downwards
HLD-6 external battery grip
MMF-3 Four Thirds mount adapter - this is apparently weather sealed also
FL-600R electronic flash

Much of this is very interesting to me, and while I doubt its going to tempt D3s and 5DMKII users, it does continue this trend of making CSC's more serious. I will certainly have my pre-order in on the first day I can, as it ticks a lot of boxes for me.